Oh my goodness we're at our ONE YEAR anniversary!!! This year has FLOWN by so quickly!!! We recently sent out an email sharing some updates about our life!
We've learned so much about one another about being married. Going from friendship to courting to marriage has been a such a joy. Not only have we had great challenges and struggled through with our differences, and even clashed with our similarities. However with the many prayerful support, encouragements, and wisdom from our faith, friends, and family we MADE IT!
I've read somewhere that the first 2-3 years of marriage is like the Honeymoon Phase. I think we only had puppy-love during our time of courted, and skipped to LETS GET DOWN AND DIRTY, TELL ME ALL YOUR FLAWS... and I will have grace to deal. LOL. And it's true, Katzy has had so much grace over me, and the amount of grace returned is mutual. Its hard, but remembering why we made the decision to move forward in our relationship and not only commit, but to also GROW with one another makes all the diference.
Let me be clear though, I am not a relationship expert. No where near that. But what I do know is from the countless examples from friends & family who have poured out their souls to us and shared with us their struggles and victories within marriage. We've learned a lot, and have been doing our best to BE OURSELVES, and LOVE ONE ANOTHER at all times. Seriously. All the time. Even when pet peeves are poked at.
In addition to the amazing things we've received from this past year... here's a look at the over all funsies we had AND some exciting news!
This month we took A HUGE leap of faith...
In September I had shared about really desiring to make Christina Cho Photography a full time career. So recently Katzy & I have made a huge leap of faith to move forward with... ME DOING PHOTOGRAPHY FULL TIME!!!!!! Meaning, I recently resigned from my 6 year position at the beloved elementary school. I will surely miss all the kindergarten kiddos and especially the teachers I worked with. I've garnered so much wealth during my time at the school. From learning about parenting, teaching, making things with model magic, learning about worms and snails, and seeing kids light up every time they learn something new, that in it self is priceless. It was not an easy decision at all. However, all the incredible experience, and time spent with the students and parents have been irreplaceable. Thank you parents & teachers!
Also, a HUGE THANK YOU for all your love and support all these years, YOU have helped to make this dream come true!!!!! Going full time as a photographer is a bit scary, but knowing that I have met some of the most amazing people ever who become like family is worth over coming every fear!!!
I have some updates on things going on with our lives!!:
- Char (our adopted cat) is now 1.5 years old!
- We still live in Huntington Beach, and we're FINALLY visiting the beach more often! (At least once to twice a week)
- MY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED! So we're traveling to Korea and the Philippines from for both her wedding, graduation, AND our honeymoon (I know! It's a late honeymoon)!!!!
- I've kept a plant alive for more than 6 months! (It's a miracle you guys!)
- We took June off to rest, and to also focus on our family & friends.
- We've visited Seattle, WA & Vancouver, Canada in March! (It's beautiful!)
- I learned how to make ice cream AT HOME
- My grandma is 90 years old! (We're doing our best to spend as much time with her as possible! She's our last grandparent :[ )
- WE GOT DISNEYLAND PASSES!!!!!!!
- Katzy is still working at Bose as a manager, helping me with photography, AND coaching people towards a healthy & fit lifestyle! (I know, he's amazing)
- We're going to MAUI, HI from ! (Our first Hawaii trip together!)
- Lastly, we're learning how to rest! One day a week we do NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. It's AMAZING! We've been able to get more done during our non rest days, and grow in our marriage as well!
I hope you have been enjoying time with friends & family this past year, and as we're nearly ending summer (the heat wave doesn't show it), and entering into fall, I am so excited to feel the cooler air, and see more friends and families!
Here are some memories from our wedding last year!!!!
Video by: Fervent Creative www.corirubio.com/ferventcreative/