This one's for the fellas!
Does the thought of getting pictures done make your heart palpitate?
Already feel stressed out at the word "professional business portraits"?
Have you hesitated getting headshots done even though it it is good for your career or business due to the fact that it seems so overwhelming?
Here’s some steps to help you relax and other practical tips to ensure a great photo session!
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate days leading up to your photo session. Your skin will thank you for it!
2. Come with a week old fresh cut. Yes a week old. Sometimes letting a fresh cut grow out a few days looks more natural than an immediate fresh cut which can often be too close to the skin resulting in baldness.
3. Plan an outfit that represents you! Solid neutral colors work best!
4. Moisturize heavily the night prior for optimal skin. Including your lips! If you're going to shave, shave at the same time.
5. Get a great night's sleep! As you may or may not know, sleep (or lack thereof) affects our mood for the next day. So eat dinner early, put your phone in another room, meditate/pray, breathe deep, and go to sleep!
6. After you get up, visualize how awesome the day will be- including your headshot session. Mindset is everything when it comes to anticipating what day you will have.
7. Show up early. Rushing tends to put our bodies into stress. So give yourself ample time to make your appointment.
8. Once you show up, take another deep breath and reeeeelax. It's not going to be painful. In fact, you might like it so much, you'll want to take even more!
For questions and inquiries about having professional headshots taken for you and your company, simply contact me at [email protected]